Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tour de Fleece 2009: Days 1 and 2

After a very slow start, as in couldn't go near the wool yesterday I was so exhausted, I made up for it today and put 2 days worth in...
Anyway my challenge is to spin "Noro" out of alpaca silk blend that I dyed a few weeks ago. After reading about the "Noro" philosophy of color blending and mixing I set my wool on my chair and stared...
These are the choices I made based on nature surrounding me.

Cloudy Day Ocean

Cloudy Day Summer Garden

Sunny Day Summer Garden

These are the 4 color pathways I will attempt for my challenge.

Today I started on "Sunny Day Ocean", the colorway is warm and rich.

I am spinning sock weight, can't be technical I am going on radar, I also want to be able to use it for my hats.
Anyway a good start, and more fun to come.

No comments: