Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Almost...

When I got up this morning I was determined to finish the Cockle-Shale scarf. I knitted for 1 1/2 hour before work and got to the grafting stage. Then I had to go to work...

This afternoon I did the grafting with my knitting needles, a brilliant technique I found here, I love Techknitter, and was ready to soak...

Blocking is always time consuming but so worth the effort. I used a technique I found in the book "Traditional knitted lace shawls" by Martha Waterman, (now remember that if you puchase books at Amazon through Ravelry they get a cut)You use a continuous cotton thread through the outside, leave 4 loops at the corners, and tug... This only works on rectangles and squares, I still don't have wires, this works for me, with the help of a few push pins.



It looks beautiful!!!
Almost ready to photograph for my pattern.

1 comment:

Lottery Girl said...

WOW!!! Your blog is AMAZING!!! This scarf is gorgeous, and I love the post of all the knitter's hands.
I knit, but am just a beginner. Very inspiring stuff you do.