2ND post for today, but really the actual day of what I accomplished.
So before I started this afternoon, this being a challenge and all, it occurred to me that I had no idea how much roving I had, and that I should measure the amount needed for each spool as I will make this yarn 2ply.
I got the scale out.
174gr. No 2 lb here, goes to show I have never had an accurate sense of measures, even in metric which I was born with.
Divided in two, roughly... 90gr on the right...
and set my timer to 1 hour.
This is the accomplishment for today. I finally covered the core of the spool.
Not bad, the hour went very fast.