Sunday, July 6, 2008

Tour De Fleece 2008

There goes the challenge!!!!




As if I wasn't busy enough in the summer I decided to challenge myself, and joined the "Tour De Fleece 2008".


My lovely Louet spinning wheel has been dormant for 1 year....It's not like I don't have any wool to spin, I don't have the time or the right comfortable place do to so. The challenge was inspiring, I just got about 2lb of superwash merino roving died by Sheepthrills, the color is just right for the edging of the blankie I am knitting for my future great nephew/great niece expected in December. Can`t post pictures it`s a surprise...


Back to the spinning.


Hands are rusty, and the challenge is that it is sooooo slippery I even called to make sure that it is not silk!!!


It is not, just the nature of the superwash.


I set my timer for 1 hour.... its going to take all the Tour de France to make it...

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Ha! I just dyed some roving with some greens and blues. I'm not joining the Tour, though. Too much pressure. But, all the racers may inspire me.

cedar said...

Call me inspired....I just joined, and it is cochineal silk roving and frenchette who pressured me..easily done apparently....go frenchette...may the slippery gods of superwash be with you...