Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tour De Fleece 2008 My Mountains

Spinning is progressing nicely, right on schedule, I am very pleased with the results so far. But this week was my personal mountains challenge, with the preparations for the wedding of one of my nieces. I had the privilege of making her the cake....

This was a week long project, I learned a lot, new culinary terms entered my daily vocabulary, and most of all I learned about time. I made her what some call a "raspberry rhapsody", french genoise layer cake, with a lot of help from this site, it was challenging, fun, exciting, and best of all the bride and the groom loved it. A layer cake for 125, my personal mountain.

Best wishes to L & D, as one of the grooms attendants said in his speech,

"May you future be as bright as the Bride's smile".

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Gorgeous cake. Oh, yum!

Beautiful yarn. The yellow jersey is yours!

Oh, and here is that link I was telling you about.

Twist Collective