Sunday, February 8, 2009

Spinning Sunday

Woke up this morning with the idea of creating my own "Noro"...
After some thoughts shared with my spinning buddy, I decided to pick a color scheme, using the same lengh of each color, and splitting the roving into very fine strands. What seem to work was to spin until 20 cm before the end of the strand, preparing that strand to be narrower and narrower, taking the next color strand and stretching it from narrow to regular width. Combining the two, blending as I went, I got an idea of the ratio of each strands to use to achieve the blend.
Here is the color way.
Spinning went quite well, a bit more time consuming as I have to stop and start all the time, thinking of some way to lay the roving out to speed that up a bit.
Some idea of the colorway, I would call it "earthy rainbow"

While this sets and dry, I am going to finished yesterday's scarf. 2/3 done, I do like the color mix, and the change in texture every other row.


Can hardly wait to make another one with my own "Noro"...



5 comments:

cedar said...

I think that looks fabulous....nice work..guess you could strip it down, and then lay it out, and wind it up loosely with the overlays overlaying and then not have to stop...? perhaps...seems like it worked great, and what fabulous colors!!!!

gayle said...

I think it looks fabulous, too...both the Noro's...theirs and yours.

Anonymous said...

Look wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Ca veut dire quoi Noro's ? je pense que c'est la marque de la laine magique mais alors sije comprends bien tu a réussi à la fabriquer ???

frenchette said...

oui oui tu comprends tout! Je vais essayer une autre version la semaine prochaine...